5 Things to Know about MAGA Extremist Mike Johnson
- Johnson is an election denier who voted to overturn the election results in 2020.
- Johnson led the “amicus brief in a Texas lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes and the election results from four key swing states that went for President-elect Joe Biden.”
CNN: “Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana, a close ally of President Donald Trump, sent an email from a personal email account to every House Republican soliciting signatures for an amicus brief in the longshot Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate electoral college votes from Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.”
Reporter Andy Kaczynski on the Texas lawsuit: “It was probably outside of January 6 the second most extreme action in that whole post 2020 period.”
- Johnson voted against establishing the January 6th investigative committees.
- Johnson voted for a national abortion ban and cosponsored a 20-week abortion ban in 2021.
- In September 2023, Johnson voted for the House Republicans’ continuing resolution that would cut access to Social Security.
More information is available here: houseaccountabilitywarroom.com/maga-speaker-mayhem/